Stretch marks are a common skin condition which occur when the underlying layers of your skin stretch and tear.
Stretchmarks can form anytime and are particularly likely to occur after any period of fast growth.
Stretch marks are very common after extreme weight gain, pregnancy and growth spurts due to adolescents or even weight lifting. While these stretch marks are harmless and pose no health risk to you, they can leave unattractive silver or white scars which can last for years.
Various Removal Techniques for Stretch Mark Scars
As with any other scars, stretch mark scars are also hard to get rid of. There are many removal techniques for stretch mark scars available these days.
The easiest to acquire are over-the-counter therapies. You can also rely on some common household items to create your own home remedies. If you are serious about permanently removing stretchmarks, then it maybe necessary to undergo medical interventions that either fade away stretch marks or remove them entirely.
Over-the-counter Therapies for Stretch Mark Scars
Over-the-counter remedies are one of the easiest ways available to you when it comes to getting rid of stretch mark scars. They usually come in the form of butters, creams, lotions and oils. Listed below are some of the products that you can use to try and treat stretch mark scars:
- Cocoa Butter: This is an extremely popular moisturizing cream that can help to prevent and even help to fade the appearance of new and recent stretch marks. It also keeps the skin moisturized which helps to strengthen the elasticity of the skin and thus prevent stretchmarks from occurring.
- Bella B Tummy Honey Butter: This is another wonderful product for preventing stretch marks. It has an oil-based formula that perforates deep into the skin layers, maintaining elasticity and skin moisture for several hours without leaving the skin feeling greasy.
- Skinception Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy: This specifically formulated cream has been clinically shown to remarkably improve the appearance of your stretch marks.
Home Remedies for Stretch Mark Scars
- Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliate the skin daily using a natural exfoliating essential oil. Recommended essential oils include things such as tea tree oil. You apply it using a special applicator which resembles a brush or sponge. The scrubbing action works slowly to wear away at the scar tissue over time to promote a new healthy layer of skin to grow.
- Vic’s Vapor Rub: This has been used successfully by many people to fade their stretch mark scars. It should be applied forcefully with a slightly abrasive cloth every evening for a few weeks.
- Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E oil is a natural skin repairer and will aid to diminish the look of stretch marks greatly if applied consistently for some weeks.
Medical Interventions for Stretch Mark Scars
A number of medical procedures are carried out these days to treat stretch mark scars. Some of them include: Microdermabrasion, Endermologie, Laser Therapy and Cosmetic Surgery.
So finally, there you have it. A list of all the different stretch mark removal techniques available to you.
If you sufferer from unsightly stretch mark scars and want to do something about them, then why not make use of the knowledge you gain here? All of the above-mentioned techniques have their positives and negatives if you have the time to trial them.
Among the three areas mentioned above, the most expensive is undoubtedly the medical procedures, the little less expensive is over-the-counter treatments and the least expensive is nothing but your own home remedies. If you do decide to try a product or cream have a look at my shortlist of clinically formulated stretchmark removal products below.